Since eggs are some of the healthiest foods available, you can eat them virtually any time. Plus, there are plenty of ways to prepare them, like this recipe for vegetable omelette. It’s stuffed with bell pepper, onions, mushrooms, spinach, and shredded cheese.
Make this for breakfast or brunch. Or instead, like us, have it for dinner.
Ingredients for Vegetable Omelette
- 3 or 4 eggs per omelette
- 2 to 3 tbsp butter per omelette
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 each, yellow onion and green bell pepper, diced
- 2 to 3 c baby spinach
- 4 oz can mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 c shredded Mexican blend cheese
- and salt and pepper
Instructions for Vegetable Omelette
- First, add olive oil in frying pan, and then add the peppers and onions. Top with Italian seasoning.
- Next, once vegetables soften add mushrooms and spinach, stirring until spinach wilted.
- Then beat eggs in a bowl, and heat another skillet over medium heat. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and beat some more.
- Next, melt some butter in heated pan, thoroughly coating pan. Add a little more butter before pouring beaten eggs into hot pan. And wait until almost cooked through before adding the sautéed vegetables and cheese.
- Then, with a spatula, fold over twice; you may have to use two spatulas to do this part. And let it heat through for about a minute before removing to a plate.
- Finally, enjoy!
If you couldn’t fold the omelette over twice, no worries. A lot of people just fold it in half. Further, if you wanted to add meat to this recipe, by all means, do so. Recipes are for mixing up and adding your own flair. But if you made this, what did you think? Do you have a favorite omelette recipe? Your comments are appreciated.
If you enjoyed this post, please like, share, and please don’t forget to follow!