One of my favorite meals of the day is breakfast. Especially on the weekends, because it doesn’t have to be rushed. And since we have chickens, you can imagine we make a lot of meals with eggs. You tend to get creative if you have backyard birds. However, we don’t go overboard. So below you’ll find an easy recipe for breakfast burritos.
Further, I made them differently than I usually do. Rather than topping them off with salsa and cheese, I sautéed fresh veggies. And that made them taste amazing. I hope you enjoy.
Ingredients for Easy Breakfast Burritos
- 6 La Tortilla Factory light flour tortillas
- 8 eggs
- ~ 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp pepper, divided
- 1 bell pepper, sliced and de-seeded
- 1 sliced onion
- 1/2 cup cherub tomatoes, sliced in half
- ~ 3 tbsp butter
- and 8 oz breakfast sausage
Instructions for Easy Breakfast Burritos
- First, melt 1 tbsp butter in a frying pan over medium heat, and add sausage; cooking over medium heat. And use the back of a spoon to break it into smaller pieces.
- Then, when the meat is mostly brown and only a little pink remains, add another tbsp butter to a second frying pan on medium heat.
- Next, add onion, bell pepper, and divided salt and pepper. Then lower temperature to medium-low or low, and cover with a lid.
- Beat eggs in a bowl; add whipping cream and beat some more. Then beat in salt and pepper.
- Next, remove cooked sausage from first frying pan, and place in a bowl; cover. Then add last tbsp of butter to that frying pan, and pour egg mixture into already heated frying pan. And scramble eggs on medium heat.
- When eggs are almost cooked through, add the tomatoes to the sautéed vegetables. Then, once the eggs are done, combine vegetables and sausage with the eggs.
- Finally, soften your tortillas, and then assemble your breakfast burritos. Mine looked more like tacos. But that’s because they were so full.
Thanks for taking the time to read this! If you made this recipe, tell me what you think. Do you make your own version of breakfast burritos? And if so, how do you cook them, or what toppings do you use?
If you enjoyed this post, please like, share, and please don’t forget to follow!