We celebrated Hannah’s birthday recently. Plus, she moved out, since she’ll be attending college in the Fall. So I wanted to try a doctored up carrot cake mix. And it was the best cake mix with add-ins so far.
I used carrots, of course. And I added in flaked coconut, raisins, chopped nuts, crushed pineapple and spices. Please enjoy.
Doctored Up Carrot Cake Mix Ingredients:
- 2 boxes Carrot Cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
- 1 1/2 c buttermilk
- 1/2 c flour
- 6 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2/3 c melted butter
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c grated carrots
- 1 1/2 c shredded coconut
- 8 oz crushed pineapple, drained
- 3/4 c raisins
- 1 1/2 c chopped nuts (I used almonds)
- and 1 pkg of vanilla pudding
Carrot Cake Mix Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350°, and spray your pans with nonstick cooking spray. Alternatively you could grease and flour them.
- First, combine your dry ingredients (cake mixes, flour, salt, and spices) in a mixing bowl.
- Next, add eggs, buttermilk, melted butter. And mix on medium speed for ~ 1 minute, scraping the sides of the bowl.
- Then fold in shredded carrots, coconut, nuts, and drained pineapple.
- This makes ~ 8 cups of batter, which you’ll then pour into your prepared pans. And bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes. Check at 50 minutes, and a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake should come out clean.
- Let the cakes cool completely before turning out and frosting with either cream cheese frosting, cream cheese whipping cream frosting, or even a buttercream frosting.
- And finally, serve and enjoy.
This is a great cake to have really any time. But with all of the extra ingredients to the cake mix, it’s almost like homemade. If you made this, what did you think? Your comments are appreciated.
If you enjoyed this post, please like, share, and please don’t forget to follow!