There are many tricks to making Brussel sprouts palatable. But I haven’t tried them all. However, once I tried the one below, it’s been my go-to for difficult flavored veggies. Thus, this recipe for sautéed Brussel sprouts with garlic is a great base for many vegetables. Plus, it’s easy to make. And you could also incorporate it with different additions, if you want. Try it and see if you don’t like it.
Ingredients for Sautéed Brussel Sprouts with Garlic:
- 2 lb package of pre-washed Brussel sprouts
- 1 tbsp fresh minced garlic
- ~ 2 tbsp each avocado oil and salted butter
- and ~ 1/2 – 1 tsp garlic salt
Recipe for Sautéed Brussel Sprouts with Garlic Instructions:
- First, cut the Brussel sprouts in half lengthwise before placing in a microwave safe casserole dish.
- Next, add 2 tbsp of water to Brussel sprouts, cover with plastic wrap, and steam in microwave for 5 – 6 minutes.
- Then, before turning stove on medium heat, add avocado oil and butter in the pan. After draining water from Brussel sprouts, place those in pan as well.
- At that point, sprinkle fresh minced garlic and garlic salt over Brussel sprouts. And stir.
- Continue stirring occasionally. Further, cook for only 5-10 minutes, depending on how firm or soft you want them to be.
- Finally, remove from heat, and serve with your favorite meal.
So, you might be wondering where I got this particular recipe. Well, as it happens, a friend Hannah’s (20 year old daughter), made a different vegetable, and seasoned it in this way. Therefore, I thought, why not Brussel sprouts? And the rest is history…
Many thanks for reading this. Please comment and share. And if you don’t already follow me, please do so.