Just so you know, this post may contain affiliate links. Meaning I receive commissions for purchases made through those links, at no cost to you. You can read for more info.
Today is the day we honor fathers: the men in our lives who have loved us, given themselves, and shared their lives with us. So, in whatever way you honor those in your life, here’s a frittata recipe for Father’s Day.
Since both utilize eggs, frittatas are similar to quiche. However frittatas are made without a crust. And they are Italian, whereas quiche is French.
Originally I got this recipe from Great American Favorite Brand Name Cookbook, publication 1993. But I changed a few things.
Ingredients for Frittata for Father’s Day:
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup each, sliced mushrooms and sliced bell pepper
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 16 eggs
- 1/2 dijon mustard
- 1/2 c heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese
Instructions for Frittata:
- First, in a 4.5 quart ovenproof pan, cook vegetables in butter over medium heat for ~ 5 minutes. Then remove from heat.
- Next, in a medium to large bowl, beat the next 4 ingredients with an electric mixer at medium speed until foamy; stir in cheese. Then pour over vegetables in the pan.
- And bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until set.
- Finally, serve immediately.
Do you have any special plans for Father’s Day? Your comments are appreciated.