Just so you know, this post may contain affiliate links. Meaning I receive commissions for purchases made through those links, at no cost to you. You can read for more info.
This is one of my own recipes that I just threw together one day, several years ago. And I’ve been making it ever since. I like it, because it’s easy, and I’m all about easy when it comes to preparing food. But it also tastes great. Tell me what you think after you’ve tried the Best Homemade Taco Salad.
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 pkg of taco seasoning mix
- 1 (24 oz) pkg of salad kit (I use the ones with shredded carrots, cabbage, and/or different types of lettuce)
- 1 large tomato or 2 small tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 c-1/2 c shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Optional–garnish with avocado or guacamole
- Cook the ground beef in a skillet till beef is all browned; drain and put beef back in skillet
- Add taco seasoning mix according to the instructions and simmer, covered ~ 15 minutes
- While the beef is simmering, pour the salad mix into a large bowl and add the diced tomato
- When the beef is ready, make sure there isn’t a lot of liquid in the pan, and add to the salad
- Add the Mexican blend cheese and toss the salad
- Add tortilla chips last, toss once or twice
- Garnish with guacamole or avocado