I don’t remember it being this hot for this long. And it’s times like these that my family and I get creative in the kitchen, so we don’t make the whole house oppressive. This instant pot hot beef sandwich recipe is great for days when you don’t want to use the oven or stove.
But originally, when I found the recipe at the library in OkC, it was supposed to be cooked in the oven. However I changed some things. Although, if you’re interested in the original, you can check it out here.
Hot Beef Sandwich Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 c water
- 3/4 c each water and brown sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 sliced onion
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 (4lb) boneless chuck roast
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- and 2 pkgs of ciabatta rolls
Instructions for Instant Pot Hot Beef Sandwiches:
- First, combine first 7 ingredients in a resealable gallon size plastic bag. Then seal it, turning to coat, and refrigerate overnight.
- Next, add the olive oil to your Instant Pot; and turn on the sauté function and press the beef or medium option. Further, add the chuck roast; sauté till browned on both sides. After, remove the beef and set aside.
- Then add the marinade to deglaze the pot before continuing. It only takes a few minutes; maybe less.
- Next, place the roast back in the Instant Pot; lock the lid and turn the steam release vent to ‘sealing’. In addition, using the manual setting, adjust it to cook ~ 1 hour on high pressure.
- When the cook time is ended, let it to reduce pressure on its own for ~ 12 minutes. Then open the steam release vent, and remove the lid. But if it isn’t tender, put the lid back on, and pressure cook a little longer. ***
- Finally, transfer meat to a large plate to shred or slice; and serve beef on ciabatta rolls with juice from the Instant Pot. And enjoy!
***Here’s a little note about Instant Pots and other electric pressure cookers: they’re all basically the same. However variations in quart model size, inner pot liner diameter, and also wattage affect cook times. Furthermore, elevation and personal preference influences cooking times as well. Since I have the bigger model Instant Pot, I had to cook mine on medium for an extra 30 minutes, and it was fine.
Please let me know if you made this in an Instant Pot; and if you did, what did you think? Did you make any changes or adjustments? Your comments are appreciated.
As always, if you enjoyed this post, please like, share, and please don’t forget to follow!