Just so you know, this post may contain affiliate links. Meaning I receive commissions for purchases made through those links, at no cost to you. You can read for more info.
Sweet potatoes are one of my most favorite vegetables to eat and cook. They’re both healthy and delicious. And they can be cooked in a variety of ways. Although, often times, I can just eat a plain sweet potato, this recipe for mashed sweet potatoes is a family favorite.
I use half-n-half instead of milk, which makes it creamier. Also, you don’t have to be limited to serve mashed sweet potatoes just during the holiday season. You can serve it year round.
Mashed Sweet Potatoes Ingredients:
- 3.5 -4 lbs of peeled and cubed sweet potatoes
- 4 – 5 TBSP brown sugar
- 4 TBSP salted butter
- 1/3 – 1/2 c half-n-half
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
Mashed Sweet Potatoes Instructions:
- First, put the potatoes in a pot of salted water; and bring to a boil.
- Next, boil the cut up potatoes till tender, ~ 20 minutes. Then drain in a colander.
- Put the drained potatoes in a medium-large or large mixing bowl. And add the sugar, butter, salt and pepper, and cinnamon to bowl; then using a hand mixer, beat in cream a little add a time, for desired consistency.
- Finally, serve with lamb, turkey, roasted chicken, or glazed ham.
As you can see, this is a very basic recipe. But you could make your own unique changes, and serve any time you want to. How do you cook sweet potatoes? Do you mash them, bake them, or make them into French fries? Your comments are appreciated.
If you enjoyed this post, please like, share, and please don’t forget to follow!