There are a lot of choices when it comes to frostings. But I personally find that most are too sweet. However my favorite is cream cheese frosting with whipping cream, and that’s because it’s a light and fluffy frosting, with just a hint of sugariness.
Generally, when I bake, I substitute Truvia for regular sugar, and I’ve been doing that for almost 10 years. Furthermore, I don’t notice that my desserts taste any differently than they did before making the switch. And no one else has either.
Although, regarding cream cheese frosting with whipping cream, I only add a couple of tablespoons of Truvia, so there’s only the slightest trace of sweetness. But that’s why I think it’s perfect.
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Frosting with Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup of softened (room temperature) butter
- 8 oz softened (room temperature) cream cheese
- 2 cups of whipping cream
- 2 – 3 cups of confectioner’s sugar to taste or 4 – 6 tbsp Truvia to taste
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
Instructions for Cream Cheese Frosting with Whipping Cream
- First, beat the butter with an electric mixer until it’s smooth.
- Next, add the cream cheese until both are well mixed.
- Then mix in either the confectioner’s sugar or Truvia, in small increments at a time, ie. 1/2 cup of confectioner’s sugar or 1 tbsp of Truvia.
- And add vanilla, beating mixture until creamy.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
There you have it, an easy recipe for cream cheese frosting with whipping cream. You can ice cakes and cupcakes with this, the most popular flavors being carrot and red velvet cakes. However I think this frosting also tastes amazing on Devil’s food.
Additionally, if you omit the butter, you can get a stiffer frosting to decorate cakes, cookies, and top ice cream.
Thanks for stopping by! Please like, leave a comment, and share this post. And don’t forget to follow!