Just so you know, this post may contain affiliate links. Meaning I receive commissions for purchases made through those links, at no cost to you. You can read for more info.
Today I’m going to share the best beef and pork meatloaf recipe. So, I know what you might be thinking. But, I promise you, it’s delicious.
When I was younger and had to eat meatloaf, it wasn’t one of my favorite foods. And, as I grew older, it started to conjure up images of everyone’s least favorite food. Although, it probably had a lot to do with the way they said it. “We’re having meatlooaaff.” And then they would look up to the sky for salvation.
However, all of that changed after I got married and tasted my mother-in-law’s meatloaf for the first time. And I know it had everything to do with the way she prepared it. The majority of this recipe is thanks to her. Though, the only thing I changed is adding ground mild Italian sausage.
Ingredients for beef and pork meatloaf recipe:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground mild Italian sausage
- 1 chopped bell pepper
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 1 (14 oz) can whole tomatoes (drained and pulsed)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 c oats
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
Instructions for beef and pork meatloaf recipe:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 12 cup muffin tin/pan and (1) 8-1/2 x 4-1/2 x 2-1/2 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the first 7 ingredients together.
- Mix 4 oz of the tomato sauce with the other ingredients.
- Take remaining tomato sauce and mix with equal parts of ketchup.
- Fill the muffin tins and then the loaf pan with the meatloaf mixture.
- Top the muffin cups and loaf pan with the remainder of the sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees, covered with aluminum foil, for 30 mins. Then take aluminum foil off of the muffin tins for 10 more mins. And check temperature for muffin tins. They should be at least 165 degrees.
- Re-cover the loaf pan with the aluminum foil, and keep in the oven for 20 more mins. Then take cover off for 10 mins. Check the temperature, which should be 165 degrees.
Serve with a side of your favorite vegetables and a grain, like rice, or a starch, like macaroni and cheese or potatoes.