Just so you know, this post may contain affiliate links. Meaning I receive commissions for purchases made through those links, at no cost to you. You can read for more info.
When I was very young, I remember my mom made this banana pineapple cream cheese dessert. But I don’t recall exactly where she got the recipe, except it was through a friend of hers. I also know that I loved it. And then I started making it when I was old enough.
Furthermore, there are several ways to make this recipe, as well as different fillings. And it’s a deceptively rich dessert with all of the layers: bananas, pineapple cream cheese, and chocolate, topped with whipped cream. So, if you have a sweet tooth, this is a very satisfying dessert.
Ingredients for Banana Pineapple Cream Cheese Dessert:
- 1 box of Nilla wafers
- 1/2 stick of melted butter
- 3-4 bananas
- 8 oz package of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup), room temperature
- 1/4 c white sugar; 4 TBSP white sugar
- 1 can crushed pineapple (drained), reserving 1/3 of the can
- ~5.9 oz package (or family size) of instant chocolate pudding
- 2 c whipping cream
- 1/2 c chopped pecans or almonds
- 1 small jar maraschino cherries, drained
Instructions for crust:
- First, crush Nilla wafers and combine with 1/2 stick melted butter
- Then press wafer mixture firmly in bottom of 9X13 pan and chill in refrigerator for 10-15 mins
Instructions for banana layer:
- Slice bananas and add to crust layer
- Then refrigerate pan with crust and bananas while preparing fillings
Instructions for pineapple cream cheese layer:
- First, mix cream cheese, remaining 1/2 c of butter, and remainder of sugar together with blender
- Next, add drained, crushed pineapple, and blend in thoroughly
- And then spread onto banana layer and refrigerate
Instructions for pudding layer:
- Prepare instant chocolate pudding according to directions
- Moreover, when it’s set-up, spread it onto pineapple layer and refrigerate
Instructions for final layer of banana pineapple dessert:
- With mixer, beat whipping cream and 4 TBSP white sugar until stiff peaks form
- Next, spread liberally onto chocolate pudding layer
- Then, top with chopped nuts, maraschino cherries, and remaining crushed pineapple
- And refrigerate 8 hours or overnight before serving
- Finally, serve and enjoy!
Have you ever made this dessert or one of its variations? What do you think of it? Your comments are appreciated.
If you enjoyed this post, please like, share, and please don’t forget to follow!