Just so you know, this post may contain affiliate links. Meaning I receive commissions for purchases made through those links, at no cost to you. You can read for more info.
This is one of my own recipes that I just threw together one day several years ago and have been making ever since. I like it, because it’s easy, and I’m all about easy when it comes to preparing food, but it also tastes great.
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 pkg of taco seasoning mix
- 1 (24 oz) pkg of salad kit (I use the ones with shredded carrots, cabbage, and/or different types of lettuce)
- 1 large tomato or 2 small tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 c-1/2 c shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Optional–garnish with avocado or guacamole
- Cook the ground beef in a skillet till beef is all browned; drain and put beef back in skillet
- Add taco seasoning mix according to the instructions and simmer, covered ~ 15 minutes
- While the beef is simmering, pour the salad mix into a large bowl and add the diced tomato
- When the beef is ready, make sure there isn’t a lot of liquid in the pan, and add to the salad
- Add the Mexican blend cheese and toss the salad
- Add tortilla chips last, toss once or twice
- Garnish with guacamole or avocado